Monday, November 3, 2008

Big Fish

Last week we made the most of the beautiful weather (mid 50's) and took our last trip to Yellowstone for the season. In order to get to this "epic" fishing spot, we had a 12 mile round trip hike, and of course I found it disconcerting that the ground was frozen half the time where we were hiking (b/c naturally, we had to be there at daybreak to make the most of the day). But it was totally worth it for the monster brown trout in Lewis Creek - John was freaking out he was so happy. The fishing was so great that John proceeded to go back three days in a row. Needless to say, by the end he was hurrrrting!

Other updates: John joined the retail team at Orvis (a fly fishing/outdoors store) and is working there full-time. The store I work for is turning into Christmas world this week, and I'm afraid that by Thanksgiving I'll be ready for the New Year. Sharon (John's mom) is coming to visit next week, and we are super excited about our adventures with her here. Definitely won't be doing any fishing then....



And here is Brown, one of John's buddies, with his monster fish. I guess it was worth waking up at 4:45am for....

1 comment:

cambey said...

I MISS YOU TWO SO MUCH!!!!


These pics are amazing, Ash! I always forget that you're the best picture taker I know. =) I just changed my mind...we're moving out there. Then we'll move back here together.

I WANT TO VISIT!!!